As we write this blog post on the 4th of March, 2020, Wednesday, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau makes an announcement. He forms a new Cabinet committee to prevent the spread of coronavirus. On the other hand, how should people of Canada prepare for coronavirus outbreak.
Before knowing self-prevention and other measures, you should know some tidbits of news.
Tidbits Of News Reflecting How People Of Canada Should Prepare For Coronavirus
Firstly, as of March 3, 2020, CP24 reports that Ontario has two more confirmed cases of COVID-19. Furthermore, this brings the province’s total including recoveries to 20.
Additionally, 45 people are under investigation.
Moreover, reports from The Star states that as of March 3, 2020 evening confirmed reporting cases of coronavirus in Canada is 30. This amounts to 20 in Ontario, 9 in British Columbia and 1 in Quebec.
In the mean time, the new Government committee to prevent the spread of COVID-19 will complement the work by the Incident Response Group.
Meanwhile, long-term care homes in Canada have stepped up plans in case there is a COVID-19 outbreak.
Next, Canada’s tourism industry is gearing up for the impact of COVID-19 on the rate of foreign visitors this summer travel season. Consequently, Health Minister Patty Hajdu says that government is preparing to handle international travelers in the upcoming tourist season.
Foreign Affairs Minister Francois-Philippe Champagne statement on how people of Canada should prepare during coronavirus is vital. He asks Canadians to be careful where they travel for spring break.
Canada’s chief public-health officer Dr Theresa Tam says that outbreak planning and response is a shared responsibility. Therefore, the Government of Canada is working in collaboration with provinces and territories.
How Should Canadians Prepare For Coronovirus Outbreak?
Now, coming to the vital answer to how should people of Canada prepare for Coronavirus outbreak.
Meanwhile Some Interesting Facts On How People Of Canada Are Already Preparing For A Coronavirus Outbreak
- Do you know Canadians are filling up carts at grocery stores and pharmacies? People stockpile supplies in case things may get worse.
- A Costco in Markham told that all of its bottled water, toilet paper and paper towels have been sold out.
- Furthermore, since Canada’s health minister advised people to stockpile essentials, shelves in supermarkets are getting empty.
- Moreover, at Toronto Costco locations, employees were seen wiping carts with disinfectants as customers entered the store.
- Meanwhile, Patty Hajdu says that it is normal for people to stockpile essential in case any one in their family become ill.
- Deputy Chief Public Health Officer Dr Howard Njoo said that social distancing may be an option in case of widespread transmission.
Realistic Preparations To Make By People Of Canada During Coronavirus Outbreak
The Government of Canada advices that apart from government and health authorities’ initiatives every citizen has a role in containing the disease.
- During cold and flu season, stay home if you are sick.
- Change your regular habit of greeting. Instead of a handshake, a kiss or a hug, a wave or elbow bump is recommended.
- Wash your hands frequently, and cough or sneeze properly.
- You are advised to clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Making Necessary Plans, Part Of How Should People Of Canada Prepare For Coronavirus Outbreak
- Go for grocery shopping at off-peak hours.
- Travel in public transit outside the rush hour.
- Do your exercises outdoors instead of indoors.
- If you become sick and are a caregiver of children or others, have a substitute caregiver.
- If your family member is sick talk to their employers for work-from-home option.
- Stockpile essentials in case you or your family member fall ill.
- Refill your prescriptions beforehand.
Avoid Panic Buying And Stockpile Necessary Essentials
This is an important advice on how people of Canada should prepare for a coronavirus outbreak.
- Fill your cupboards with non-perishable food items.
- Gradually build up your household stores instead of going for large-scale purchases at one time.
- For example, buy easy-to-prepare foods like dried pasta and sauce, prepared canned soups, and canned vegetables and beans.
- Most importantly, stock up, pet food, toilet paper, facial tissue, hygiene products for women and diapers.
How To Care For Those Who Become Ill?
If any in your family gets COVID-19 there are enough precautions and care that will be given by the health care system. Particularly, to avoid the spread of virus.
Moreover, your health care provider will advise if hospital care is essential.
Most importantly, if a member gets COVID-19 in your home you should have the following in hand,
- Enough soap
- Facial tissue
- Adequate alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Enough of paper towels
- Household cleaning products
- Powerful detergents to wash dishes and for laundry
- Fever-reducing medications
- Adequate plastic garbage bags
- Household bleach for creating a solution of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water to disinfect surfaces
Moreover, get reliable information on what you should do to prepare for coronavirus outbreak. For example, the Public Health Agency of Canada is a reliable source of information.
Likewise, you can rely on provincial and territorial public health authorities.
Chiefly, share your preparation plans for COVID-19 to you family and friends so that they can come up with one of their own.