Just woke up from sleep and I found to have developed a little flu. That’s Alright. Oh! I am sneezing! What Now?… Again Sneezing! Oops!… Symptoms of coronavirus!!! Don’t tell me that…Feeling stressed. Having periodic feelings of anxiety regarding catching coronavirus… What Are Some Coronavirus Related Stress And Coping Strategies?
How do I get out of this feeling of anxiety and stress? I find it difficult to handle them. Is there any way out?
What should I do?
Your help is here Buddy! Stay cool. We understand your fears. It’s quite common these days.
Even a common cold or usual sneezing may appear to be symptoms of coronavirus for you and us. But that’s not real. You need not live in a cloud of fear.
Just chill! Everything is Alright. It is just a feeling and not real.
COVID-19 Stress And Coping Strategies
We want to tell you something right in the beginning. All commoners, elites, affluent people, medical professionals and the bravehearts have a lingering fear of catching COVID-19.
So you are not alone. Here are some indicators and antidotes to help you overcome your lingering fear and anxiety.
Common Stress Indicators And Reactions
Your response to stress may be shown in different ways. You show forth different physical and emotional reactions.
Some common indicators and reactions during anxious and stressful situations include:
- Feeling stressed or overwhelmed
- Anxiety, worry, or fear
- Moreover, you may have racing thoughts
- Furthermore, you may show sadness, tearfulness, loss of interest in usual enjoyable activities.
- Even more, you will have physical symptoms, such as increased heart rate, stomach upset, fatigue, or other uncomfortable sensations.
- Additionally, you may have frustration, irritability, or anger.
- Most importantly, you may have restlessness or agitation.
- In addition, you may be feeling helpless.
- Having difficulty in concentrating or sleeping
- Most importantly, feeling disconnected from others
- At the same time having apprehension about going to public spaces
- Next, having trouble relaxing.
COVID-19 Anxiety, Stress And Coping Strategies
While you can contact your psychologist or doctor for important strategies in order to cope with your anxiety and stress, found below are a few suggestions.
Stay Informed But Stop Watching Too Much Of News
All those announcements ring as sirens in your ear and eventually affect your brain. In order to cope with stress, switch off those sounding sirens of COVID-19 announcements.
It’s more than what you can take. Those blaring COVID-19 elaborations will only increase your stress levels.
You already know about coronavirus and how it spreads. So why strain your brain with overwhelming News.
Stop it. Engage in some other activity.
Engage In Common Household Chores And Activities You Always Wanted To Do
This is one among the important stress and coping strategies. So what do you do?:
- Clean your home.
- Clean your book racks.
- Keep learning and reading books or read on Kindle.
- Listen to Podcasts.
- Learn a new hobby or skill at home. Like, learning a musical instrument via online, cooking, chess, learning a new language, and learning typing online.
Doing any of the above on a regular routine daily at home will surely be helpful in dealing with stress.
Staying Connected- An Important Stress Coping Strategy
By this we mean, not getting back to continual hearing of News.
No. It’s not that.
But staying connected with your besties and loved ones who can talk optimistically to you over Zoom, FB Messenger, WhatsApp, Skype, Facebook, etc., to help you manage stress effectively.
Doesn’t that sound good. Thanks to Social Media.
Get Information About COVID-19 And Related News Only From Authoritative Sources
This is important among various stress and coping strategies.
Now, don’t believe all the junk that you hear about COVID-19. A good idea to stress reducing can be to listen, watch and read only Government News and Authorized News Channels.
Like junk food, receiving junk, unauthorized and unverified News can be a common scene during such pandemic situations.
It always feels good to listen to forward-looking and optimistic News during times of such stressful events.
Take Care Of Your Mental Health- Important Among COVID-19 Stress And Coping Strategies
Keep your emotions focused on beneficial activities like Online Learning. You can get a certificate as well! That sounds great. Isn’t it?
Moreover, you can involve in some online social support.
Most importantly, indoor exercises like taking deep breaths, yoga, etc., can help you recover from stressful situation.
Even more, among anxiety and stress management strategies, importance should be given for your mental health especially while you stay indoors for several days.
Pandemics usually tend to prevail for long term. But optimistically, governments of various nations including Canada are taking earnest efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Some more ideas to manage your mental health are:
- Always stay in touch with your Doctor or Psychologist.
- Contact the given helpline number or Government Health Authorities when needed.
- Follow all the required rules and regulations to keep yourselves safe from COVID-19.
- Cut back news and social media intake.
- Keep yourself busy
- Stay indoors as far as possible
- Do some indoor exercises
- Give importance to healthy nutrition